CMD:Studio seeks 3D Generalist for Horror Stories: Welcome Home
by Mark Drew on 03 Nov 2020
CMD:Studio is looking to add another exceptional person to our team. You will be working alongside the core team to collaborate and create the environment and assets of our new horror game, Horror Stories: Welcome Home. If you want to be part of a creative team that values your opinion, insight and expertise, then this is the perfect role for you.
The work will be primarily on environments, 3D modelling, texturing and lighting.
This role is a Freelance, 100% Remote, but you need to be in or near the UK (GMT) timezone. We are looking for minimum mid-level positions and the initial contract is for 2 months work but can be extended.
- Researching and presenting your ideas often to your team members
- Creating high quality but optimized game-ready 3D models as well as their textures
- Integrating assets and textures from 3D software into the game engine
- Shaping terrain and landscapes to create the environment of the game
- Lighting different scenes and environments in-engine
- Re-creating environments from level blockouts and concept art
- Ensuring that the artistic style of the game is consistently implemented
- Ensuring high game performance via asset optimization and compression
- Previous experience creating environments for games
- Strong skills in 3D software such as Maya or Blender
- Proficiency with tools such as Photoshop, Substance Painter / Designer
- Experience with game engines such as Unreal or Unity
- Strong general foundations (Color, Composition, Light, Shape)
- Excellent research skills and quick understanding of a projects direction
- Good understanding of environmental storytelling and basic level design
- Ability to re-create an environment, its objects and lighting from given concept art
- Pro-active, organized and the ability to self-manage your work
- Be willing to take feedback and to change - or discard - your ideas when necessary
- Interest in old Victorian architecture (interior and exterior) and objects
- Interest in horror games and horror concepts
- Familiarity with software such as Trello and Perforce
- An understanding of the game development process within the scope of an indie studio
Please send us your portfolio and CV along with a small cover letter to [email protected].
In order to create diverse games, we need a diverse team. We strongly encourage people from minority groups to apply!