CMD:Studio seeks Concept Artist for Horror Stories
by Mark Drew on 13 Dec 2019
CMD:Studio is looking to add another exceptional person to our team. You will be working alongside the Creative Director and Game Designer to collaborate and create the artistic vision of our new horror game. If you want to be part of a creative team that values your opinion, insight and expertise, then this is the perfect role for you.
The work will be primarily on environments, level architecture and props.
This role is a Freelance, 100% Remote, but you need to be in or near the UK (GMT) timezone. We are looking for Junior/Senior level artists but also apply if you recently graduated! The intial contract is for 2 weeks work but can be extended.
- Responsible for finding an artistic vision for the game
- Generating a multitude of ideas for the overall look of environments and props
- Creating fast concepts and iteration of ideas and sketches from the initial concept stage to the polished final design
- Creating speed paintings of composition and mood
- Researching and presenting your ideas often to your team members
- Working with your team members to develop a unified visual style for the game
- Ability to work in multiple artistic styles
- Ability to create functional designs
- Understanding of layouts and special proportions for a range of buildings, both realistic and imaginary
- Demonstrable talent across all concept disciplines in particular environment and object design
- Pro-active, organized and the ability to self-manage your work
- Be willing to take feedback and to change - or discard - your ideas when necessary
- Interest in old, Victorian architecture
- A good knowledge of architectural styles
- Interest in horror games and horror concepts
- An understanding of the game development process within the scope of an indie studio
Please send us your portfolio and CV along with a small cover letter to [email protected].
In order to create diverse games, we need a diverse team. We strongly encourage people from minority groups to apply!